- A guy whose numbers have dropped for two years straight and whose OPS+ was 86 in 2008 (Cano).
- A guy who batted an eye-popping .228 and had an OPS of .582 (Gardner).
- A guy who is out of options and is getting worse each year (Cabrera).
- Chubsy von Drunkenstein, who is being wasted in the starting rotation.
- Three unknown pitchers, two of whom had ERAs higher than 3.50 in 2008.
Man, you better hope that you are right and all these 35-and-older players defy the aging process. Because all you have backing you up are a lot of question marks.
And those Teixeira/Giambi numbers are closer than you want to admit, especially when you consider Teixeira played 12 more games and had 116 more at-bats.